Your e-scooter will perform better and last longer if you take care of it regularly. Especially during the winter months when more riders are storing their vehicle, a few important cleaning tips and tricks can make a big difference:
Important: Disconnect your e-scooter from the charger before cleaning and make sure it is switched off. Make sure to also carefully read the "maintenance and care" section in your model's operating manual.
- If you ride in winter in cold places, you should dry your e-scooter with a soft, dry cloth after each ride because e-scooters don't like moisture, snow and salt! You can read more about our tips for riding in winter in this blog post >>>.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner! While our race scooters are IPX5 rated and the VX series scooters are IPX6 rated, e-scooters are still not 100% waterproof. You should adapt the use of water to the respective IP protection value.
Here's our Step-by-Step Guide
- Take a bucket with warm water, a sponge and a dash of cleaning agent (we recommend special cleaning agent for e-bikes or e-scooters) of your choice and start cleaning. To reach all corners, you can simply cut your sponge in half or even smaller. Please try not to apply cleaning agent on the bearings and joints as it is fat-dissolving.
- Clean electrical connections with a dry soft cloth or brush.
- You can wipe the display with a damp microfiber cloth.
- Finally, dry the entire vehicle with a microfiber cloth.
- You can also treat your e-scooter with special care products after cleaning. Caution: Avoid using care products which contain oil on the brake system (discs or pads).
- We recommend that you always carry out a few test brakes after a thorough cleaning and also check the device for loose parts and damage. If you notice any defects, you should contact us >>> immediately.
Now your e-scooter is like new again! If you follow all of the above tips, you will enjoy your e-scooter for a long time.
Not sure how to store your e-scooter after cleaning? Simple follow the instructions below:
- Charge the battery to around 60-70%
- At least every four weeks, you should recharge the battery to 60-70% to avoid a deep discharge. Tip: set a recurring reminder on your phone.
- Protect the e-scooter from external influences like direct sunlight, cold, heat, dust or moisture.
- Store the e-scooter in a dry place and make sure that the temperature does not fall below 41°F.